Currently, I am a student at The Evergreen State College participating in a program called, Dance of Consciousness. This quarter, I have chosen to study community based learning and literacy with Sarah Williams. She has provided me the opportunity to complete an individual learning contract regarding any subject of my interest. For ten weeks, I have decided to study Pacific Northwest Horticulture in regards to physical well-being, self-expression and creative interplay with the natural world.
I am completing an internship with Left Foot Organics, a small organic farm in Olympia dedicated to providing a place for rural youth and handicapped to learn work skills. I also am going to practice farming in my own personal garden. Did I mention I live in a cottage on a farm? Yup! I have a few empty beds I plan on growing in this season. I am very excited.
By learning basic organic farming skills I plan to develop an authentic sense of how to care for the environment, and more specifically, how that care correlates with how I care for myself (the "holistic health" part). Successful agricultural requires not so much arduous labor, as awareness, observation, connection and persistence. I hope through this blog, I will be able to articulate how organic farming affects the quality of my life. I'll literally and physically will be sowing seeds of inscription!
By learning basic organic farming skills I plan to develop an authentic sense of how to care for the environment, and more specifically, how that care correlates with how I care for myself (the "holistic health" part). Successful agricultural requires not so much arduous labor, as awareness, observation, connection and persistence. I hope through this blog, I will be able to articulate how organic farming affects the quality of my life. I'll literally and physically will be sowing seeds of inscription!
See you on the farm!
No comments:
Post a Comment